Well, I would say this has been a great first week of the new year!
Mitchell and I have both been working every day. Other than that, we have had a lot of quality time to spend together and also to spend with friends. I am so thankful for time to relax and rejuvenate. It will be a shocker when we have full time jobs and don't get a MONTH break anymore! Maybe this is why I should stay in school...;)
This weekend marked many fun and exciting things. The MOST exciting by far is the most recent one. Last night my wonderful and amazing big sister Jennifer got engaged to her boyfriend, Clark!!!!! We are all so excited for them. Jennifer has been the biggest role model, inspiration and best friend I could ask for in a sister.I couldn't be happier for her and the exciting upcoming events in her life! I also am excited to have Clark as a brother-in-law. He is a perfect match for Jennifer and I know will be a great husband to her:) They have a very sweet engagement story, Clark did a great job!
On Friday Mitchell and I went to a Progressive dinner with a bunch of other married couples from church, RUF and another church in Norman. It was really fun! We had appetizers at one couple' house, then we hosted the entree along with the Fenricks, then we went to another couple's house for dessert. Such a fun time and fun to travel around town and get to be at several hosues!
Saturday Mitchell went to Flower Mound to spend some time with his best friends from high school (and still his best friends today!). He has some great friends from high school and they still hang out every chance they get to this day. In fact, one of them and his wife are coming to stay with us this weekend because they are here for an wedding. On Saturday Boomer and I did a lot of things together! We went to his last "puppy vet visit" in Harrah, OK. He now weighs a whopping 30 pounds! Then, we went to PetSmart to get some stuff. I've been waiting for him to grow a little bigger so I could get him the official OU collar and leash:) I know, that's silly, but I had to, especially with his name and all:) Then we went to the dog park. It is fun getting to know all the dogs and seeing the same ones and knowing the owners. Speaking of Boomer, he is doing so good! We have gotten so attached to him in so little time, he is such a good and sweet puppy! We are continually impressed with how fast he is learning everything. Also on Saturday, my sweet friend Sara came over and we had a girls' night together:) Also, Saturday marked 6 years since Mitchell first asked me to be his girlfriend. It is amazing how time flies:) It is weird to have a new anniversary now since we have always celebrated January 9..but also exciting to have a new date that is marking the years of marriage:)
Class starts in a week and I am actually kind of looking forward to it. I love breaks, but I am always ready for everyone to get back in town and to get on a schedule. I like being busy and having things to do at certain times every day. I FINALLY finished enrolling this morning and managed to get only Tuesday Thursday classes this semester! I am filling out paper work to try to volunteer at Norman Regional Hospital this semester, but there is a lot of stuff to do (such as get tests, shots, turn in records of childhood shots), so I am not sure yet if I will be able to get it all done in time for orientation. I can't believe this is the last semester of college! Thankfully we are both only taking 12 hours. In fact, Mitchell only has 9 or 10 hours he needs, but he will have to enroll in 12 to keep his National Merit tuition waver. I am hoping and praying that we start to figure out some idea of what we will be doing after May...but we will see! God always provides.
In Him,
Katherine
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Excited to see you back in Norman! Hooray for six years with Mitchell and new anniversarys :) Happy for Jennifer and Clark also! You are sweet and beautiful! :)
ReplyDelete