I am relieved that Summer Leadership Academy is over. I do wish that we had a break inbetween, but I am looking forward to school starting. We have professional development on M, T and W and then school officially starts on Thursday...which makes me panic a bit everytime that I realize that! Yesterday I went to TFA training all day (from 9 to 6) and then today we have worked most of the day.
This week I only taught 7th graders all week. I got to know them pretty well and it will be nice to not have AS many names to memorize when school starts. Yesterday all the advisory groups did a presentation of their advisory mascot, motto and chant. We had been working on this all week (which is like pulling teeth out with 7th grade boys). We finally decided on the mascot "Dark Knight" after vetoing many ridiculous things they came up with. We made up a cheer, wore batman masks, threw ninja stars, and made a motto and 3d representation that we presented yesterday to the middle school. It was great! Mitchell's advisory is the stallions. They had a pretty funny rap as their chant.
This weekend I have more TFA training the entire day. It's one of 5 big all day professional development conferences that we have each year.
That is about all that is going on with us. We were just talking about how this time last year we were on our way to a relaxing week in Vermont with my family. It is crazy how much changes in a year. We had no idea that we would be in Dallas or even what we would be doing. I always think it is neat to think back one year in time and see how God directs your every step. At this time last year, Mitchell had started applying to engineering companies and I was look at grad schools. We had no clue where we would end up. God is good!
In Christ,
Katherine
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment