Sunday, April 1, 2012

Getting Close!

Alright, I started to think that it was quite boring to post updates on the house each week, so I waited two weeks this time. There have been quite a few changes, and we are guesstimating (new word??) that they will be done in a week or two. We are hoping to not have to move until May, but that all depends on a lot of things. We need to get someone to rent our apartment, we need to time our move to a date that my Mom and sister can fly down (and Mitchell's parents can come), and we want to wait until May so that we don't have to pay our first mortgage until July. The timing probably won't work out perfectly, but that would be ideal! We'll see what happens. Anyways, here are recent changes:

These are our bathroom counters in our master bathroom-one of my favorite parts of the house!! The hall bath has counters that are light tan but I don't have a picture of that because it's too dark in there. :)

This is our entryway...we have lights now and have electricity everywhere! I have never seen this light before and didn't choose it, but I don't really care what this light looks like so we didn't think it was worth mentioning to them that it was different than the one we thought it was going to be.

This pic is showing that they graded the lot for landscaping (and put sprinklers in). They will probably be putting a fence up soon!!

This is the light fixture in the dining room.

The kitchen-the most recent change is the back splash, which they did yesterday! I was nervous about this color choice but LOVE how it turned out! Mitchell may or may not have had to crawl through a window for us to get into the house, oops! They locked all of the doors we we really aren't able to get in now unless we schedule it. We justified "breaking in" today though because we needed to measure the windows for blinds. From what I can tell, all they have to do is carpet, landscaping, front door, appliances, fence, and some painting. Woohoo!

That's all for now. It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon and I'm going to spend some time at the pool with my sweet friend Jessica! :)

-Katherine

1 comment: