Friday, May 11, 2012
We Closed!
I haven't posted in a while, mostly becuase everything has been insanely busy, also because we don't have Internet yet at our house. We closed on the house last Thursday, and have pretty much been moving in and getting things done ever since then. My wonderful Mom came and stayed with us for a week as we cleaned up the old apartment, got ready to move, hung out with our grandparents, and then moved. Also, Mitchell's parents came and were a HUGE help for a few days as we moved into the house (also Mitchell's brother, Gavin). We've pretty much unpacked all of our boxes, and now we're just working on projects like breaking down boxes, organizing the garage, hanging up decorations, etc. It still doesn't feel like we live there, it feels like we're staying in someone else's home! I thought that I would panic a bit after we handed the biggest check we've ever written over and that I would feel buyer's remorse, but I definitely haven't at all. I feel excited to go back to the area I grew up in and look forward to hopefully riasing a family in this house!
Boomer still doesn't know quite what to think about the backyard, he definitely doesn't want to stay out there by himself. He's also been really sick, maybe from the stress of moving, who knows. He went 3 or 4 days without eating though, which is very unlike him!
So far, we've tried to tackle a lot of of projects to just get things out of the way. We planted one bush outside and some flowers (well, my Mom planted them!) We also put hardware on all of our cabinets, which I was really excited about. We installed blinds, which I can't say I helped with at all. This took forever though! Lastly, we installed a couple of fans and changed the bathroom lights out that the builder had put in.
I didn't take very many pics, but here are a few that I had on my phone (out of order):
Just a plant that my Mom bought us...I love looking at it through the window!
This is right when we picked up our keys at the model home...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

love the house! Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteI am a new follower!!! Feel free to pop by and say hello sometime!!