Hey! Sorry it has been a while since I have updated this. We have been very busy to say the least. There has been a lot that has gone on the past months!
Our dear friends Mary Rachel and Andrew got married on July 11. They are very special to us and it was a wonderful day! Also, a week later, Melanie and Gavin had their daughter McKennah Kay at 6:35 pm on July 17. Mitchell and I drove down the next day to see her. She is precious and wonderful and we are so excited to have a little niece! Melanie and Gavin are going to be great parents. Then, this past weekend one of Mitchell's best friends Miles got married. This has definitely been a summer of big events. We have been to Dallas four of the past five weekends.
Work has been really busy! Last week I went to Kansas City for three days for some meetings. I really like my Distrcit Manager I have been riding with all summer and am blessed that I get to spend all day every day with someone who is so friendly and nice. I have really been impressed with Aldi this summer. For those of you who have never been, you should definitley check it out. I will be going ot Kansas City next Friday (my last day!) to give a presentation at the Directors meeting that I have been working on this summer. Yikes! I am not looking forward to that.
HOWEVER, after that, Mitchell and I are going to Vermont and Rhode Island for a week with my family. We are SO excited! We have not seen them since the wedding and miss them a lot! My Mom already has everything planned out that we are going to do (like usual). Can't wait! It will be so nice to relax and take a break from working. After I get back, I will go back to work at the POLL for my fourth year.
Mitchell is still really enjoying Starbucks! He works a lot of 5am shifts, yuck. That means he gets off pretty early though and he is very sweet and cleans up a lot and gets things done for us before I get home from work in the evening. This summer has been so great, but I cannot wait until the school year starts, as weird as that sounds. We can't wait for RUF to start, to see our friends, and of course, FOOTBALL:)
We have been trying to cook as much as we can but of course that is kind of hard with so little time. Tonight we made one of our favorite meals (which also happens to be one of the easiest and cheapest meals)-breakfast for dinner! We used our waffle maker for the first time. It was excellent!
Mitchell's friend taped our wedding for us and just gave us the video a few days ago. We had to take it somewhere to turn it into a DVD but get to watch it tomorrow!! I can't wait! It will be weird to watch.
That is all I can think of that is going on with us. I have attached some pictures of some of the recent events that have been going on! Thanks to everyone for the prayer and support-we are blessed with such wonderul friends and family! :)
-Mitchell and Katherine
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment