Friday, August 7, 2009

DONE!

Well, I am sitting here at the airport in Kansas waiting to go home because I finished my internship today! I flew to Kansas City to give a presentation at the Director's meeting on a project I have been working on this summer. It went great and I am just really relieved to be done! This summer has been a lot of work and really tiring, but honestly one of the best experiences I could have had. I learned so much in such a short amount of time and it was a great opportunity to have. I am actually going to start again at the POLL (my job on campus) on Monday, it will be such a relaxing time compared to what I have gotten used to though. I am going to be a supervisor this year along with Mitchell's old roommate Jeff, and so even though we will have more responsibility really we can get a lot more homework done and don't have to call people anymore-which I am excited about!! 

I can't wait for this weekend. Mitchell and I are going on a date tonight to celebrate me being done with my internship and then on Sunday we are going to go see Wicked in Tulsa with Mitchell's parents! It should be fun. Next Thursday we are going to fly to Vermont to meet my family and hang out at a lodge there then we are spending a few days in Rhode Island. We can't WAIT-we haven't seen them since the wedding! It should be really relaxing and fun-I miss them SO much! We might spend a day in Boston also. 

I really can't wait for everybody to get back in town and for the new (and last!) school year to start back up. I am excited to graduate, but not at the same time because I can't imagine not seeing some of my best friends that much-I have already missed them so much this summer! Mitchell is going to start applying for full time job this fall, so hopefully if it is God's plan something will work out and we will know where we are going to be when I graduate. We are very open but of course we would LOVE to be in Texas and prefer to not be in Oklahoma-haha!

Well, that is what is going on with the two of us! Thanks to everyone for their love, support and prayers for us! We are so blessed to have such great people in our lives.

Oh, and for those for those of you who are not aware, Oklahoma football starts in less than a month, yay!! 

1 comment:

  1. I played Sooneropoly with my nieces and nephews tonight. It was so fun to know all the real live places that it was talking about. The kids couldn't quite get the fact that it wasn't just a game, but also a real life place. Abbey bought
    "The Pride" but didn't quite understand who they were, so we looked OU pregame up on youtube and watched The Pride March in. It made me SO ready for football!!

    ReplyDelete