Sunday, August 30, 2009

Waffles


So, this weekend has been excellent. I have thought a lot about life this weekend and I think drastically changed what I want to do. As most of you know, I have always wanted to go into the field of Special Education, HOWEVER: I recently discovered that I really do not want to work in a public school as a teacher. So I am sitting here in college majoring in Communication wondering how the heck I will tie this into working with people with special needs or doing something related that I am passionate about. I have always been interested in Speech Pathology because you have the option to work at a school, in a hospital, do private therapy from home, etc. I am mad at myself for not majoring in the undergraduate program in college, but I could do a graduate program in SPL-it would just take me 3 years instead of 2. However, I think I am going to do it. I realize it would be 3 years and I would just be adding onto what I owe for college, but I figure if I don't do it now I will never do it and it is a big investment in my future and knowing I will be doing something I love. All that being said, I need to sign up to take the GRE, which is the next thing on my to do list. It costs 150 dollars to take, which I think is silly, but oh well. We will see. The tricky part will be applying for schools while Mitchell is applying for jobs and finding something that matches. So let's pray that Mitchell finds a job sooner rather than later! :)

You may be wondering why there is a picture of a waffle on the top of this post. On Friday night my ex-roomies (but forever my roomies at heart) Megan and Julie came over and we cooked breakfast for dinner together. I must say that the waffle maker is one of the best inventions ever. We have used it more time than I can remember lately. It was a lot of fun and I am excited that I have gotten to spend a lot of time with them lately. Saturday a bunch of people from RUF went and got snow cones together. I love snow cones! Everytime we see those snow cone makers at Target, Mitchell thinks we should invest in one. However, I remember having one as a kid and that they don't work nearly as good as the picture makes it look. Maybe Mitchell and I could drop out of college, buy 200 flavor bottles and an ice machine, and open up a snow cone shop? Just kidding-that sounds tasty though. Sunday was lunch at the Serven house and church-both excellent.

Today I spilled a whole cup of coffee on myself as I was trying to unlock my bike. It turns out Mitchell's bike was locked to mine and I don't know his code and he was at work. I also happened to wake up late and already be running late for class. Needless to say, I was very late to my class and had to run outside every 30 minutes to pay quarters to the meter since I do not have a parking pass. We have this huge bag of quarters that we use for laundry-the only problem is that we are always using the quarters on things like snow cones and parking meters. Because of this, sometimes I wonder how we do so much laundry and then I realize that we don't. Anyways, it was frustrating, but there are much worse things that could happen in a day! The moral of the story is to learn your husband or roommate's bike code.

Today is kind of special because Mitchell asked me to marry him a year ago today! It seems like so long ago but at the same time the year has passed by so so fast. It was a really special day and I am so thankful for all that has happened since then-in particular getting married;) ALSO today is special because it is my little Valerie's 21st birthday-Happy Birthday Valerie!

-Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment