Sunday, October 25, 2009

Games

This weekend, Mitchell and I have played a lot of Monopoly. The good thing is that it doesn't take too long since it is the version where you have credit cards and transfer all the money electronically. We both really like board games a lot. Sometimes when we go to Target we will just walk down the board game aisle and think about which games to get next. Mitchell usually talks about wanting strategy games like Puerto Rico and Agricola and I want games like Scattegories and Mad Gab. Unfortunatley for him, I do not like playing the strategy games. Something about playing a game for 3 or 4 hours and not talking to anyone is just not fun at all. I think part of the fun of games is that you get to know people and I like games that are really funny (like Balderdash, Apples to Apples, Mad Gab). My freshman and sophomore year of college, I feel like there were always board game nights going on (the fun kinds!!). However, now it seems like there is some RUF crowd that only wants to play intense games that last all night long. No thank you.

This upcoming weekend I am going to Charlotesville, VA to see Jennifer! I am really excited about it. I am flying out of Dallas on Thursday and coming back on Sunday. My sis has a lot of fun stuff planned for when I am there. I also finally get to meet her boyfriend which I am excited about! Also, we are going to a Halloween part in which I am dressing up as Kanye West and she is dressing up as Taylor Swift. This means I should probably get a gold grill put in sometime this week...just kidding, but seriously.

I turned in my 25 page paper I have been working on for forever! It was a big relief. It was actually one of my favorite papers to write in college though so I didn't mind. I have been writing a lot of papers this semester. Although I do not ENJOY writing papers, I would rather write a paper any day then take a multiple choice test. I am terrible at multiple choice tests (especially standardized test). I think that I overanalyze things so no matter how well I know the subject, I will still not do as well as if I write an essay/paper. Even if it is True/False, I will pick the wrong one. This always reminds me of the only class Mitchell and I ever took together-which was freshman year. Every class, Mitchell would do Sudoku and I would listen and take notes furiously. Well, he would get 98's on all of the tests and I would get C's. It was so ridiculous. He is just amazing at standardized tests and remembering things he heard one time (even if he was not listening that well). I can rarely remember lectures unless I study my notes. I do not really think is that fair that people can get a full ride to college by taking one standardized test, but then again I shouldn't complain becuase we would be paying off a lot more student loans if it weren't for the PSAT Mitchell took when he was 17.

This weekend I also finished applying for Teach For America (finally). I spent 4 hours at work writing my essay and then accidentally deleted it and almost started crying becuase of it. Thankfully, a guy at work showed me how to download a recovery program and it worked and I finally submitted it. I should find out by November 4 if I get a phone interview-so we will see!

This is my new favorite dessert. Well, I have always loved it but just made it by myself for the first time this past week. My mom and Mitchell's mom both make it all the time.

PRETZEL SALAD
2 1/2 cups pretzels-smashed (put them in a gal. zip-loc bag to crush)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter, melted
Press in 9x13 pan. Bake 10 minute at 350. Cool.

1 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup Cool Whip
Spread on crust after it is cool.

1 large strawberry jello—dissolve in 2 cups of boiling water; stir in 1-2 cups of fresh, sliced strawberries (can use frozen). Cool in refrigerator. When almost jelled, pour on layer two.

Spread the remainder of the Cool Whip on top of the jello layer.

MM soo good!

Thanksgiving is in a month and Christmas is in 2 months! My favorite time of the year (minus the cold weather, I do not like that). I think I would love Christmastime in Hawaii or Mexico or somewhere like that-the best of both seasons.

In Him,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment