This is going to sound lame, but something exciting about this week is that Mitchell and I figured out how to program our coffee maker for the time we set our alarms for. Mitchell told me I should save all of the instructions for kitchen appliances we got as wedding presents, and I accidentally threw them away. Well, he ended up finding the instructions online and we woke up to our whole apartment smelling like coffee:) We thought it would help us wake up in the morning but really I think it made us want to lay in bed and snooze the alarm longer.
Emily got an ipod for her birthday. It is hot pink with matching headphones and she can use it for radio, pedometer, etc. I posted this picture that my Mom sent me because I thought it was really cute. I didn't know she would understand how to work one but apparently she has been talking about ipods a lot lately and all her friends have them. She is way cooler than me, because she also got a Wii for her birthday. My parents just combined her birthday money and saved up her money from Christmas or something like that to buy it.
This weekend is OU/TX weekend. For once, I am kind of glad I am not going. It is really fun to spend time with friends and hang out for the weekend, but I have so much schoolwork to do it is crazy, and also I need the hours at work. We do not have class on Friday. Every year, the Friday before OU/TX is considered our "fall break". I haven't had class on Fridays for the past couple years so this has always been a super lame fall break, but thankfully this year I get to miss two classes. Mitchell and I decided that we are going to try to stay in our pajamas until I got to work at 4 tomorrow...watching movies and making a big breakfast etc. We haven't gotten to spend much time together lately so we are excited to have some time this weekend to go on a date, hang out etc.
Everyone will be glad to know that no cockroaches have climbed on my face the past week, which is always good news. Actually, the pest control people came and sprayed yesterday which I was extra excited about.
Mitchell and I are currently trying to figure out our plans for winter break. We should have to plan pretty far in advance because we have to buy plane tickets to go to Rhode Island. This year, we plan to go to Rhode Island and go to Glorietta, New Mexico with his family. We are going to try to do both those things in a week span of time because we can't be off of work that long. Unfortunately, the POLL will be closed over winter break, which is bad news, so I am going to try to see if Aldi will let me do some work over break or if I can get some other work for a few weeks! Let me know if anyone knows of anything:) I have spoken with the catering company that catered our wedding and I think once they get busier they are going to let me start working for them on the side every once in a while which will be fun! It will be weird to work weddings at the same place we had our reception. I figure that it pays really well, you get to eat really good food, and I really liked the people in charge of all that for our wedding so it should work out well. I worked for a catering company in Rhode Island one summer and really enjoyed it.
I am usually pretty susceptible to the flu so I am trying really hard to wash my hands obsessively etc. because the flu is so miserable and it seems like everyone is getting it. I went to Goddard (our health center) this week and there were people sitting everywhere with masks on just looking miserable, it looked kind of creepy.
Well, I am off to study. Usually I end up writing a blog post when I am sitting here avoiding studying or a paper I should be doing. Next week is my crazy week as far as schoolwork goes. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
In Him,
Katherine
P.S. For of those of you that watch the Office, last week was the best episode ever. This season wasn't that amazing so far but this past episode redeemed itself!
P.S. For of those of you that watch the Office, last week was the best episode ever. This season wasn't that amazing so far but this past episode redeemed itself!

No comments:
Post a Comment