Me: "Why weren't you in class yesterday R?"
R: "I was at home eating gumbo."
Me(first day of class): Please tell me if you go by a different name.
Y: People call me Brownie.
W: Princess.
L #1: Call me 7.
L #2: Call me 777. (their ID numbers because they have the exact same name)
Me: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take?
C: I would DEFINITELY definitely go to Antarctica. Oh, and I would take my girlfriend.
Me: You are awesome R, I heard the other teachers talking about how great you are too.
R: "That's what everybody says. I can't help it that I am so awesome."
Me (first day of class): Please go around the room and tell me the one word you would use to describe yourself.
Three girls in my class: "Winnie The Pooh." (Apparently Winnie the Pooh is back in style).
Me: A repeating decimal is kind of like having a song on repeat forever and ever, unlike a terminating decimal which is like hearing it on the radio one time. What would your repeating decimal song be?
R raises her hand politely and starts singing "Rock My Body."
These are just a few of the many many things that made me smile this week! I will post more later about my first week of teaching.
In Him,
Katherine
Friday, June 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment