Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Update #2

My summer update is not much different from last time because I have been doing a lot of the same things and it has been FANTASTIC! Here is what we have been up to (I am going to list them again so as to keep this short and sweet).

1. We have been hanging out with lots of friends as much as possible! We even went to several movies, which we NEVER Do. Something Borrowed-terrible, do NOT see it. I felt guilty that I convinced Mitchell to see this with me. Midnight in Paris-really cute, I would recommend it. Bridesmaids-HILARIOUS, I definitely recommend this, although it is a bit crude.
2. Going to the pool a couple of times a week! While I'm at the pool being lazy, Mitchell has been on a running kick and has been running 5-6 times a week.
3. Mitchell left for training in California a few days ago. He is there with another Engineering teacher from Williams and they'll be there for two weeks.
4. I am going to LA to visit him this weekend, which I am really excited about!! I have never been to CA before. I just told Mitchell I wanted to at least go to the beach and do touristy things, so he is planning our itinerary!
5. I have been going to some all day trainings to get prepared for my job as a Special Ed teacher in the fall. I am getting really excited! It's going to be SUCH a different job, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I went up to the school yesterday to work with the current SpEd teacher (she will still work there with me), and I got to see Mitchell's new classroom for next year and the room I will be in!
6. Speaking of my new job, I am literally leaving in 30 minutes to go take my Texas Special Education teacher certification test. I am already certified to teach any core class from grades 4th-8th, but this test will certify me to teach SpEd from early childhood-12th grade. Hopefully I will pass it and not have to fork over another $150 to retake it! :)
7. In a few weeks, I am leaving for RI and then we are going to be spending a week in VERMONT!! I am so excited! My family goes to Stowe, Vermont every summer and it is always such a fun and relaxing trip. Before we go, my Mom, brother and I are going to spend a day at Martha's Vinyard and a day in Boston. When Mitchell and I get back from VT, we will pretty much start school right away. :(
8. Sleeping. I have only been setting my alarm a couple of times a week, max. It has been GREAT!!! I will have to remember this when I have to start setting it for what seems like the middle of the night again.
9. Reading-I LOVE reading but have really only had time to read my 7th and 8th grade novels that I have have been teaching the past year. Don't get me wrong, some of them are good. But it's nice to get to read without having to make notes about how to discuss this with 14 year-olds and how I can make a good quiz question out of this chapter.
10. Cooking. I LOVE cooking. It is embarrassing how LITTLE we have cooked this past year. Seriously, we eat pasta or breakfast food almost every night (healthy, I know). We have actually been cooking quite a bit because we have TIME! We cooked a ton last year and it is nice to get back into it. I am going to make it my goal to cook and bake more this next year because it really is relaxing.

That's all for now. I am sure there are tons of typos in this post, but I must leave to take my test now! Here's to summer 2011!

In Him,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment