Sunday, September 25, 2011

23

As you grow older, I think that birthdays become less exciting. Not that I'm old. In fact, I'm embarrassed to tell students my age. However,I remember counting down the days, even hours, with great anticipation of the magical day that was my birthday. However, as the years pass, it becomes yet another day where you have to go to work and get things done. To be honest, if it weren't for Mitchell being thoughtful as usual and planning so many things, my birthday probably wouldn't have crossed my mind. However, this year I realized that the magic comes back to life when you are a teacher. The truth is, all of the little people celebrating your birthday are at the stage in life where birthdays are the most exciting day of the year. And the kids at my school LOVVEEE them some birthdays (including extravagent quincenera parties for my 15 year old kiddos). To say the least, I felt very loved on my birthday. I still received the same love that I always do from my wonderful and thoughtful husband, family and friends. However, this year I was showered with several suprise parties, several cakes, poems, notes, flowers, and various other gifts from the wonderful kiddos that I call my students.





No comments:

Post a Comment