Monday, September 5, 2011

A Weekend to Remember

This was the best weekend that we have had in a very long time. The weekend consisted of:

1. Driving to Oklahoma City to see Mitchell's family. Spending the night at your parents' or in-law's house always feels like a home away from home.

2. Spent Saturday lounging around with the family. Mitchell spent this time playing legos with Gavin and McKennah.




3. On Saturday night, Mitchell went to the OU football game with some other teachers from work and some of our students. I watched the game with some friends at a bar in Norman. Boomer Sooner! So excited for football to be back! :)

4. On Sunday morning, we went to church with Mitchell's family and celebrated Preston's 21st birthday!! It was great to get to have everyone there together. Family time is the best!




5. Sunday evening, Mitchell and I headed to Tulsa with our dear friends Mary Rachel and Andrew for Jena and Grahm's wedding. It was beautiful and of course ended with a sweet dance party with lots of good friends. I met Jena four years ago and have been so very blessed by her friendship. I am so excited that she married her best friend last night!



6. On Monday, we packed up and left our great weekend behind-almost. We enjoyed the amazing weather and took a tour of some of our old special locations in Norman, including our first home together ever and a walk around OU's beautiful campus. Perfect morning.






Boomer had a great time with another teacher at our school and his new Golden Retriever friend, Walter. So much so that he was this tired when he got home.


But not too tired to celebrate his 2nd birthday by eating a bone and being forced to put on this ridiculous party hat!! Happy 2nd birthday to the best dog in the world! Boomer has truly been one of the biggest blessings in our life the past 2 years. Don't know what we would do without this cutie!




All in all, it was an amazing weekend. I love where we are now and love living in Dallas, but we always say that our time at OU was far too short. Those were the best years of our lives! We had a great time reminiscing about walking to class, staying up late watching ER during our first year of marriage, biking to class, etc. Ah, those were the days. Yet, I am learning to live in the moment and realize that someday I will look back on where we are now, teaching at Williams Preparatory, and think "those were the days." Some days will be better than others, but life is too short to wish it away!

This week and weekend should prove to be just as exciting. On Wednesday, Mitchell and I are leaving to go on a 3 day trip to Sky Ranch with our students! It should be pretty exhausting, I mean fun! :) Then, on Saturday I am going to Apple before the store opens to pick up my FREE IPad. I never thought that I would want an iPad, but I am excited learn about ways that I can use this with my students and am thankful for the generous gift from Apple to TFA. The rest of the weekend will include a baby shower for my sweet sister in law and a relaxing weekend at the Cresent Court hotel thanks to Uplift Education. More pictures and stories to come! I will leave you with a picture of our door to welcome in the Fall weather! :)


In Him,

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment