Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Break

This spring break definitely ranked low as far as spring breaks go. I think that I caught something (probably from being on a bus packed with 15 year olds), and ended up in bed with strep throat most of the week. It's times like these that I'm thankful I even have a spring break and didn't have to use 5 days off to get better. I'm still recovering, and praying that I regain strength before 5am hits tomorrow. As a teacher, coming back from breaks is always a smack in the face. As much as I love my kiddos,you get used to talking with adults and thinking about yourself for a few days.

They are moving a bit too fast on the house this week. We keep saying that it seems like they slowed down on every house on the block and decided to move full force ahead on ours. In reality, we're probably the only ones that WANT there to be a delay. The house will probably be done in less than a month, so we're just hoping we can drag closing out until the month of May.

The main changes this week:
-Paint
-Driveway and sidewalk
-TILE!!

It's weird to see our color choices in real life, rather than on a swab in a design book.



Driveway



They didn't put grout in any of the tiles yet when I took these pictures, but you can see the color. I didn't get a picture of the guest bathroom because I didn't want to seem like a creeper taking a picture of the guy while he was working, ha!



You can kind of see the paint color in this picture. This is the color of the entire house. It's pretty light but we will probably repaint most rooms over time.




Have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment