Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Projects Update
The next project on my list was to find curtains for the bedroom and study. I found these curtains at Target a few months ago and loved them, but didn't know how I was going to integrate yellow into the room. I ended up using tones of yellow in the framed scrapbook paper and using throw pillows with a bit of yellow in them. I do wish the walls ended up a darker gray, but oh well, I'm not about to repaint, such a pain! It was hard to get a good picture because of the light coming in, but here are the curtains we chose (yellow with a white paisley print):
There really wasn't enough room on the rod to put two curtains on the outer windows, because the window is so narrow. I know it might look a bit weird with one on each, but it seemed to be the best option and saved us $40 not having to buy two more panels!
I'm always surprised at how much curtains cost. These were $19.99 each, which is a good deal, but it still seems expensive. Thankfully, I got the rods for $5.99 each at Ross!
At some point, I will look for curtains for the study. I was daunted at first at finding curtains for both sets of windows that needed 6 panels each, but now it's not so bad knowing I only need 4. I am thinking of getting a burlap looking curtain? Whatever it is, it can't be too girly. Mitchell keeps insisting that the study not have any paisley or floral print, haha! I think that's all I'll do for curtains right now, because I can't wrap my head around what would look good in the living room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love those curtains!! Where did you find them?
ReplyDeleteI love that chair!
ReplyDeleteThis room looks awesome!!!!
ReplyDelete