Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summertime Update

The summer has been going really well, and I've started doing some work to get ready for next school year. I have accomplished several of my summer goals in the past week! *Note, I still have no clue why my posts aren't separating out the paragraphs. Anyone?? 1. I read the entire Hunger Games series. I literally couldn't put them down. I even brought them with me in the car and read them on our way to places (don't worry, with Mitchell driving!) What should I read next? 2. I have been cooking a lot! We made cilantro lime chicken on Saturday, which was pretty tasty. This week, I made some homemade pizza rolls and also some homemade granola. These were both recipes I found out Pinterest. Tonight, I am making stacked roasted vegetable enchiladas, yum! I don't think Mitchell will like it, but he doesn't exactly like anything healthy. I'm trying to stop eating chips, frozen pizzas, and diet dr. pepper alone. This week we are also going to make some baked potato soup (yum!) and some lemon chili chicken. 3. I went running for the first time in YEARS! My sister likes to crack jokes like, "you own running shoes?!" I DO own some athletic shoes, although they are showing no sign of wear and I have had them for 5 or 6 years. We ran for about 30 minutes, but walked about half of the time. I was sore for days, yikes. Last night Mitchell broke the news that he may not want to run with me because he wants to run the entire time. Oh well, I'm still going to try to keep it up, maybe by going on a walk a few times a week at the very least. 4. I finished decorating our study! We got a rug in that we ordered a while ago on Overstock.com (best place ever!) and also put curtains up. The curtains are a burlap material and are from Target. The curtain rods are those same brand from Ross and were 5.99 each! I LOVE sitting in this chair and reading. It's probably my favorite room in the house. I think I'm done for a while, although I'd like to eventually do some more painting. I also changed some of the lighting in our house. I was always frustrated that it felt so dark, and come to find out that the bulbs the builder puts in are just really crappy. You guys know how crazy I am about Aldi, and it turns out that they sell florescent light bulbs for very cheap. Now I'm feeling a bit blinded by the bright light. The only thing I will do as far as setting the house up for a while will probably be to make sure that my plants don't die in this miserable Texas heat. I feel like half of the things I have planted have died already, so it's probably a waste anyways. Have a great week! :)

1 comment: