This past week has been a little exhausting because Mitchell and I are both very busy with school, work, and various other things that we have throughout the week. However, the weather is so beautiful and perfect outside-it is hard to not stop and enjoy it. I wish I had time to just hang out outside all the time. I am hoping that it is still semi-warm at Thanksgiving time-one of my favorite times of the year! Although it is one of the busiest times of the year, it is definitely one of the best! :)
Two kind of big things that happened this past week as far as Mitchell and I figuring out where we are going to be next year:
1) Mitchell got an interview with a company called Shlumberger (funny name, I know). They are an oil company and the position is for a "Field Engineer". Pray that the interview going well-that is our only possibility that we have heard from as of right now. We don't know where the job is for but I guess we will find out on Friday! There are still a few other jobs that Mitchell is really interested in. One of them is a job with Texas Instruments in Richardson. The application process for that job hasn't closed yet so we haven't heard whether he gets an interview or not. I think he is very qualified for both jobs but is definitely more interested in the job he applied for with TI. The Field Engineer job would probably require some traveling and being away from home, which he doesn't want at all, but we will see what happens!
2)I got accepted to do a final interview with Teach For America, which will be in a few weeks. For those of you who do not know, Teach For America is a really neat two year program in which recent college grads teach in an inner city/low income school in hopes to lessen educational inequality. I am really excited about this but also a little overwhelmed that it is coming up so soon and there is a lot of preparing to do for the interview. I am doing a "conference call/webinar" this week that they do to help you prepare for it. There are also a lot of journals/articles to read and a lesson to prepare to do with the recruiters. I am not sure where it is going to be yet-hopefully somewhere not too far away! We don't know what God has planned for us, but if Mitchell still doesn't have a job and I get offered Teach For America (which I am not going to count on, I think this stage of the process is the toughest by far) in some random city...we figure that is a pretty clear direction of what we are supposed to do-so we'll see! We want to be open to what God has planned for us and not get too set on certain things. We figure if we are ever to move to a random big city, this is is the time to do it. It sounds exciting. I am still taking the GRE in a few weeks because Speech Pathology is still something I am very interested in.
Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away and we are both really excited! Mitchell will probably have to work since we will be gone on the other major holidays (Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years) and Starbucks has requirements on working a certain number of major holidays. However, we will get to spend time in Oklahoma City with his family, which we are really excited about. Both of his brothers who live in Texas are coming (Preston and Gavin) and Gavin's wife and our little niece Mckennah! Also, both of Mitchell's sets of grandparents are coming. I have spent a lot of the past Thanksgivings with Mitchell's family because Rhode Island is a little too far and expensive to travel for only a few days and then go back a few weeks later.
We are a little bummed by OU's recent games, but oh well. I am glad we had some really good years while I have been here. Mitchell is excited right now that the Cowboys are doing so well so has shifted his attention to his other team (and really his favorite of the teams). We got to spend some time in Oklahoma City last night with his parents and Mitchell always loves watching the games with his Mom (because they are both Cowboys fanatics).
This is the time of the year that I love pumpkin flavored everything! We made some pumpkin bread this past weekend and ate it with coffee and pumpkin flavored creamer. Mmm. That combined with the wonderful weather...those are the best of times!
In Him,
Katherine
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can't find pumpkin creamer ANYWHERE!!!
ReplyDelete