Thanksgiving was so great and we are so thankful for the time we got to spend with the Greer side of the family! We got to spend a lot of quality time together just hanging out, eating, playing games, etc. Melanie and I managed to avoid learning how to play 42 for yet another holiday-but we had a lot of fun together doing other things. My sister in law is just the best:) We also watched the Cowboys game-which we always do on Thanksgiving. They are doing great right now, which Mitchell and his Mom are pumped about. Mitchell and I had a lot of fun seeing everyone. We were also glad to get to spend time with our niece McKennah-she is so precious and we are glad we got to be with her on her first ever holiday! Friday we spent some time helping decorate for Christmas and did some more hanging out. Mitchell and I braved the mall and Target on black Friday. It wasn't as bad as we expected. We got a few Christmas gifts and also a few dirt cheap Christmas movies at Target. This weekend we watched Elf-which is definitely my favorite Christmas movie (with Christmas Vacation being second). It is so hilarious-gets me every time. I am looking forward to spending Christmas with my family in a few weeks and just hope that the rest of the semester goes by fast because there are so many big school things going on before then.
The people from the gas company have STILL not come to turn out heat on, and it is pretty miserably cold at night. It was funny because when we came home from Thanksgiving, our apartment was really warm. We thought that maybe the people came when we were gone and never told us. It turns out that we left our oven on (AND open) for 3 days. It is pretty pathetic because the reason it was open was because I was freezing when I woke up the morning we left and turned it on as I was getting ready, packing and making coffee. Oops. It is crazy how much it can cost to make a mistake like that.
We went to our last football game as OU students on Saturday. It was a fun game and I am just glad that we won so that we can end on a good note. I was pretty worried that we wouldn't. I have had a lot of fun going to football games here the past four years and cheering on the Sooners. It is unfortunate that my last year here is the year we do not do well, but it has still been fun.
In other news, or lack of news, Schlumberger called Mitchell just to say that they are still very interested but need a couple more weeks of time to decide. We took this as a good sign that maybe they were just trying to figure out their hiring needs? Who knows.
Well, that is all for now from the Greers.
In Him,
Katherine

No comments:
Post a Comment