Monday, December 14, 2009

Done!

Mitchell and I both finished finals this morning, and it feels great to be done! This semester I had some tricky classes but they were also interesting and I really liked all of my professors for the most part. To celebrate, we went to IHOP this morning (Mitchell's favorite place to eat). I got some pumpkin pancakes with my meal and they were delicious! I am frustrated about one of my finals because I got literally 1 point lower (of the total 400 points) than I needed to get an A in the class. This means that if I got ONE more question right on one of the exams it would have been enough. Oh well, I know in actuality, it literally doesn't matter. Mitchell and I were talking about this time last semester and how he had family in town and we were getting everything ready for the wedding that was in a few days. This finals week is definitely less hectic! :)

This past weekend, I basically worked and studied at all times. Of course, many times studying consisted of sitting there with Sara, Megan and Julie with books in front of us talking. Also this past week Mitchell and I had some friends over to watch a Christmas movie, drink hot chocolate and decorate Christmas cookies, which was really fun! Also, one night I went to this new frozen yogurt place in Norman called "Orange Tree" with some friends. It is SO good. For those of you who live here and haven't been there, you should definitely go. I also discovered this past weekend that I like soy milk in coffee drinks, thanks to Sara Bergman.

We are leaving for Rhode Island a week from today and are so excited! We don't have any big plans for when we are there, but it should be really fun. We may plan to go to Boston for a day-one of Mitchell and I's favorite cities-but other than that we are not sure. It always seems like a waste to be so close to NYC and not go, but it makes for an exhausting day to take a train there and then just stay for the day. We will see. We are excited to get to spend Christmas together-it is the one holiday that we almost always spend apart since I am in Rhode Island. We figured out that the last Christmas we were with each other was in 2004.

Puppy training is going great. He was about 15 pounds when we got him two weeks ago, and when he got weighed at the vet he was 23 pounds! It is pretty funny because whenever we get a treat out, he automatically sits then lies down really fast, knowing that that is what we are going to tell him to do. We spend a lot of time laughing at the funny things he does. There is a middle school down the street that has an enclosed field and park area. We have been taking him there every day to run around and play. Probably the thing we are most glad about is that he never barks at anyone or anything (except at the DVD player, which he is scared of when it opens and closes, haha!). I get annoyed at yappy dogs that bark insanely every time another dog or person walks by.

That is all for now, nothing too eventful. Hope that everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season! :)

In Him,

Katherine

1 comment:

  1. I really like to two shout-outs I got in this post! Love you Greers!

    ReplyDelete