Monday, December 7, 2009

The End is Near

So, this week is "dead" week. Although, it is not really dead at all. In fact, it is very much alive. This is one thing I miss out being and education major-usually I had my finals week during dead week. Unfortunately, the next two weeks for me are some of my busiest. I have finals and papers and quizzes. Really all I want to do is watch Christmas movies, eat cookies, go look at Christmas lights and other similar things.

This weekend I got pretty sick ( and still am a little bit) . It was unfortunate because I had to miss a lot of fun things-like my Gamma Phi family Christmas party, my church's Christmas dinner, and a Christmas program at our old church. However, I am thankful that it happened on the weekend and I think I am on the up-swing now. I feel like the weekend went by so fast because I just sat around and watched ER and slept. Mitchell and I have been watching ER lately-we started with season 1 (from 1994) and are now on season 2. We really like medical shows!

Boomer is doing great. He has gotten to meet a lot of new people. The only time I left the house this weekend was when we took Boomer to meet the Serven family (our RUF campus minister) on Sunday. Then, we decided to take him to the dog park in Norman. Well, when we got there, there were LOTS of dogs there running around and playing together. It looked like a lot of fun. It just looked so funny. Well, it turns out there are LOTS of rules for the dog park. There is one rule for dogs, which says "Be Good". Then, there are about 20 rules for humans. We could adhere to all but two of these rules. One rule said puppies must be 4 months old. Another rule said all dogs must have their rabies tags on, which Boomer will get on Wednesday. Oh well. We will take him back in a month or so and I am sure he will have a lot of fun!

We officially have our tickets to go see my family! We are going on December 22 and are getting home on January 1. We will be going to New Mexico with Mitchell's parents from the 29 through the 1. Boomer's breeders offered to take care of him while we are gone, which we are thankful for. We only wish we didn't have to travel so far so that we could take him with us. It will be so great to see my family though. Mitchell is going to pick up some shifts at the Starbucks in Rhode Island while we are there.

It is freezing outside! I wish I liked cold weather. I would be content if it was 80 degrees everyday, year round.

In Him,

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment