There are lots of "lasts" happening right now and I don't like it one bit. That's not true, I like turning in a last paper and going to a last class. I don't like last RUF or last moments living miles away from all of my best friends. This time in life is bittersweet. I am excited for the future but incredibly sad to move on. I suppose this is a good position to be in because it means that what has happened has been great and I am thankful for that.
This week was the last official RUF. This made me very sad because RUF (more specifically, the community I have found in RUF) has been the most influential thing in college. I will miss everything about it. Mitchell and I's greatest prayer is that we will find community and hear the gospel preached in Dallas like have found here at OU, mostly through RUF. On Wednesday night (and the week before that), all of the seniors talked. Mitchell and I spoke last week and it wasn't very emotional becuase we still had one week left. Last night, I think I cried the last 30 minutes straight while a lot of my friends were talking. I don't know what is with me, I have been on the verge of tears many times and usually I rarely ever cry. I will miss everyone here dearly. I feel like this is goodbye, but I know that it is not because I have made friendships that I am certain will last for a lifetime.
Graduation is next week. I can't believe it! My family is coming in town on Friday (yay!!) and Mitchell and I both have 2 finals during the week, which shouldn't be too bad. May is a crazy month for our family: my parent's anniversary, graduation, Corbin's graduation, our anniversary, Mitchell's birthday, mother's day, my brother's birthday, grandparents' birthdays, my sister gets married, and I am sure the list goes on. There are a lot of things to celebrate this month! Time flies by so fast, I feel like this time last year was just yesterday and we were about to get married.
We officially found a place to live this week! I drove down to Dallas on Monday morning and came back Monday evening. I think I was gone a total of 11 hours...it was crazy! We have been looking at apartments online for months. The problem was that whenever we found a place we liked, they wouldn't have what we needed available or it would get leased up in a day or two since we are a few hours away. So, I decided that I would just need to drive down there (Mitchell had to work) if we didn't want the apartment to get leased before we could see it. The apartment we decided on is in Dallas, but really it is in Addison. It is on Prestonwood golf course and is a two bed two bath. It is really pretty and is in a quiet neighborhood. It is about 15-20 minutes from our work, and is in a really central and great location. It is even 5 minutes away from our friends Whitney and Caleb who already live there and from my friend Julie's family! It is shocking how it is a lot more expensive to find some place to live in Dallas that is safe and in a good part of town, but it is just different than renting in Norman. We move in the first week of July. I will still be in Houston so Mitchell will probably just find some help and do it himself.
We are boarding Boomer for the first time at the end of May! We found this great place in Norman called Annie's Ruffhouse, where he will basically get to play with other dogs and people all day every day. He probably won't want to come back after the week is over;) Speaking of Boomer, I just found out that his parents are having another litter. If you think you don't want one, you should go here and you will probably change your mind after you see how cute Boomer and his brothers and sisters were at 4 weeks!
So, here is the countdown:
7 days: Last final
8 days: Graduation
9 days: 1st wedding anniversary!
14 days: Mitchell's 23rd birthday!
19 days: Go to Virginia for my big sister's wedding!
That's about as far as I can go out without getting overwhelmed, but after that is moving to Dallas, then moving to Houston, then moving back to Dallas and into our apartment and then starting work the next day. Phew! It's going to be crazy, but God is always good. He is faithful to the end.
Katherine
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment