Monday, May 17, 2010

One Year.

This past weekend Mitchell and I celebrated one year of marriage together.

I can't believe how FAST it flew by. I think that time really does fly when you are having fun, because we both agree that it was the best year of our lives. There are so many things that happened in such a short amount of time. This time last year we were about to head to the Bahamas, spend the summer working, and start our last year of college. Now we have just graduated, are about to start jobs and enter the "real world", have a dog, are moving into a new apartment, and moving to a different state.

We both have such fond memories thinking about our wedding day a year ago. It was definitely the best day of our lives. We wouldn't change a thing. God has been so faithful to us and provided for us so much. We have now been together for 6 and a half years, but nothing compares to the love you develop as husband and wife.

On Sunday we had a great day celebrating our first anniversary together. My parents were still in town in the afternoon, so we got to spend some time with them, which I always cherish. In the evening, we went to Bricktown and enjoyed dinner at The Melting Pot. We both agreed that this was the fanciest meal we had ever had! We had a great time. Also, we had a gift card which was really fun. We then stayed at the Hampton Inn in Bricktown, courtesy of my parents. All in all, we got to have a really nice anniversary that cost us zero dollars and zero cents!

The next week we are both working, packing, getting things we will need this summer and for our new apartment, and trying to work out a bunch of logistics. I am getting sad thinking about being away from Mitchell and Boomer for 6 weeks. Mitchell found out more information about his job today. One class he will be teaching for sure is called "Design and Modeling". It is an engineering class that he will teach to middle school students. He found out that he will be training in Colorado Springs at the end of June/beginning of July. Boomer is going to be staying with the people we got him from during this time, so he will get to hang out with his mom and dad (because they own both dogs), haha! I am curious to see if he seems to recognize them.

This is my last full week of working at the POLL! I will be working on and off a few days when we get back from Virginia, but not much. It has been a good job to have the past four years and will be weird to transition from being at a job I feel so comfortable at to something so new.

Happy Birthday to Mary Rachel (today) and Mitchell (Friday)!

To Christ be the glory,

Katherine

2 comments:

  1. There is a fantastic dog park in Dallas - will have to give you directions. Trigger went bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, but I do not love your new blog look. I think it should read, "The Greers... staying here!" :)

    ReplyDelete