Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 2 Construction!

It's crazy how much can happen in a week! Mitchell was out of town all week for work. I hate being alone, and I always realize when he's gone how much he does for us. The weekend was extremely busy, with a school event on Friday night and Saturday school on Saturday. Needless to say, I'm exhausted thinking about tomorrow being Monday already! A lot happened on the house this week, which was extremely exciting. I found myself doing more than the regular once a week drive by!

On Thursday, the foundation was poured. It's weird to see just a big slab of concrete.



Just two days later, they had already started framing the house. It's weird to see a structure actually on our piece of dirt we've been looking at for the past three months!





Today we drove by again. Knowing that the framing happens very quickly, we didn't want to miss a stage! They ended up having most of the framing done.



I hope that everyone has a great week and a special Valentine's Day! We aren't Valentine's Day fanatics by any means, but we also aren't Valentine's Day haters. We both have special memories of our parents doing nice things for us growing up on that day, and we also have lots of special memories from the past 8 Valentine's days we have spent together, with this one being the 9th! This is Mitchell and I on our first Valentine's Day together in 2004:

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA that picture is always amazing!! glad the house is coming together!!!

    ReplyDelete